14 June, 2016
Grilled Chicken Pasta in Broth
I am writing this post about Grilled Chicken Pasta in two conflicting frames of mind. I am beyond happy due to the Pittsburgh Penguins winning the Stanley Cup on Sunday, I just saw a video of them getting off the plane with the Stanley Cup in hand and more kisses. They played a great game and series against the Sharks. I am, however, also deeply saddened by the recent events in Orlando. I have been saying prayers for the families of the victims; seeing shots of candlelight vigils in Orlando. It is extremely difficult to wrap my head around the type of hatred that must motivate a person to such an act. It is unfathomable in my world. In my little world I do tend to eat when upset, be it right or wrong. I think food brings us together just as Chick fil a brought together so many in the Orlando community trying to do what they could to help. I guess this is my way of providing some comfort with this soothing chicken broth pasta.
This comforting dish reminds me of one I have had at Bravo, though I don’t think it is still on the menu. A great light sauce, this pasta combination contains lots of surprises. For starters my kids said it looked like a salad. It has a combination of spinach and kale to provide a little bit of crunch. Other tasty bits include sun dried tomatoes and toasted pine nuts. Give it a try…and be comforted.
- 4 grilled boneless chicken breasts, sliced
- 8 ounce dried pasta, prepared as directed
- 24 ounce package of chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- 4 ounce crumbled feta cheese
- 3 ounce julienned sun dried tomatoes
- 1 packed cup spinach and kale mix
- Saute garlic in pan, turning regularly until brown in spots.
- Add chicken broth and simmer until reduced by half or approximately 10 minutes.
- Toss all ingredients into bowl, mixing to coat.