27 June, 2016
Grilled Chicken with Red Pepper Sandwich
It’s summertime! Fire up that grill for a delectable sandwich. This has a surprise touch of heat due to some cajun seasoning. The sweet red peppers and mozzarella provide a cooling effect. Pair this with a bakery style bun and you have a sandwich fit for a king. This sandwich was made with a nod towards a special sandwich on the menu at Armstrong’s Italian restaurant in Moon Township, Pennsylvania. My husband and I had it years ago and it tends to recur on our home menu when you’d least expect it. I also would suggest using your countertop grill/panini press if you have one. It will do the trick too! Enjoy!
- 1.5 pounds of chicken breast tenderloins
- 4 Tablespoons cajun seasoning
- cooking spray
- 1 jar roasted red peppers
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- 6 bakery style bratwurst buns
- Coat each tenderloin lightly with cooking spray.
- Roll each tenderloin in cajun seasoning.
- Place chicken on grill, cooking until done or 165 degrees in center.
- Add a roasted red pepper to each tenderloin and cook just until warm.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese allowing the heat to melt the cheese.
- Place 2 tenderloins on each bun.