5 July, 2016
No Bake Oreo Dessert
A perfect no bake dessert for all those picnics you have this time of year, this dessert is both simple and refreshing. I discovered this in the family cookbook; where I last made it in 1999. Wow, an oldie but a goodie. I like to make family recipes like this when my brother Bruce comes to town, because I know he appreciates them. It was the perfect capper dessert after a simple picnic dinner of pizza and salad. I had all my family members in town at my house, which just never happens!
No Bake Oreo Cookies
A note to help on the preparation. I don’t suggest getting the double stuffed oreo cookies. You will need the crumbs from a regular size package to fit the 9 x 13 pan. My son picked out the double stuff, of course, and I was a little short. Make sure that you spray the pan before you add the oreo crust. This will ensure that it will come out easier. Also, let it sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes before serving this will ensure your safety with that knife you are trying to use.
That creamy goodness you will taste is actually sugar, cream cheese, and cool whip. I fooled a few guests who thought it was ice cream!
Enjoy the sun, picnics and all the fun of summer! Drop me a comment and let me know your favorite parts of summer; mine is waterskiing…I’m going tomorrow!
- 1 package oreo cookies-crushed
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 3 ounce instant chocolate pudding
- ½ cup butter
- 1 8 ounce carton cool whip
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese
- Mix ¾ crushed oreo cookies with ½ cup melted butter.
- Press into greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Place in the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Mix sugar, cream cheese, and cool whip.
- Spread over frozen crust.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Make pudding according to directions and spoon over cream cheese mixture.
- Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Top with remaining ½ carton of cool whip.
- Sprinkle with remaining oreo crumbs.