15 July, 2016
Peach Pudding Pie
Peach Pudding Pie; I haven’t made a pie in years! Way back when I was about 10 (and I mean way back!) when I took a 4-H course on pie baking. Talk about heaven for my dad and brothers. It was a big success with the family. They consumed the fruit of my labors so to speak. This was my inspiration for today’s recipe; the peach pie I made all those years ago.
Peaches from South Carolina
My brother-in-law came to town from Georgia and brought the freshest juiciest peaches. Yum is all I can say. What better way to eat peaches than in a pudding pie? This is a simple pie, especially with only one crust. I wanted to share an easy go to recipe for you to use when you’re gifted fresh peaches. Eat and enjoy!
- 1 8 or 9 inch unbaked pie shell
- 4 or 5 fresh peaches, skinned
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 5½ Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- Cover bottom of pie shell with peaches, cut side down.
- Beat together, sugar, butter, flour, egg and vanilla.
- Spoon over peaches.
- Bake at 425 for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 300 for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool.