9 April, 2016
Pecan Streusel Coffee Cake
This is a classic traditional sour cream coffee cake. We make it in my family for special occasions like Christmas and Easter when we have guests staying over. My brother and husband love the crumbly topping. It has been suggested that the topping for this delectable cake be doubled or even tripled. Adding to the topping is your call. Let me know in the comments how you like it. Savor it!
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 2 pinches salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ Tablespoon flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- Cream butter (1 stick) and sugar, add eggs one at a time beating after each.
- Sift 2 cups of the flour, salt, baking powder, and soda together.
- Mix vanilla into sour cream.
- Add alternately flour mixture and sour cream starting and ending with the flour mixture.
- Create filling by mixing remaining flour, sugar, cinnamon, and pecans together.
- Melt remaining butter and pour over flour mixture.
- Spoon half batter into greased bundt pan.
- Sprinkle with half the filling.
- Add remaining batter and sprinkle with remaining topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.